khwendo kor (kk) Peshawar
Position: Finance Coordinator
Location: Peshawar-Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Status: Full time preferable women position (Annual contract basis)
Required gender Preferable Women.
Report to: Director Operations-KK
Application Deadline: 30 November 2020
Salary Package: PKR 75000/- per month inclusive of all benefits
Introduction of Khwendo Kor
Khwendo Kor (KK) means sisters home in Pashto is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-government organization registered with Government of Pakistan under the Societies Act XXI 1860 striving for the community especially women and girls development through its integrated development program throughout Khyber Pukhtunkhwa and newly merged districts since 1993.
Khwendo Kor a women-led women organization striving for community development with a focus on women and girl’s empowerment through its integrated development programs which includes social organization and community mobilization, girls education, health, livelihood improvement, provision of relief services in crises and emergencies and civil rights. KK is an indigenous organization having its roots in local communities and have knowledge of local custom and tradition. KK’s one of the value is to respect the local culture and to work within the local culture and tradition through engaging the local communities including women in all its developmental and humanitarian initiatives. For more detail information on Khwendo Kor please visit www.khwendokor.org
This position is a management level position and will be a member of senior management committee of the organization. System based (Quick book) financial management, financial analysis, budgeting and management financial reporting. The position has to provide guidance and technical support to finance officer for day to day accounting and book keeping and will also provide support to program team in the financial management aspect of the projects and program. The position will ensure effective financial communication and coordination with management, donors and KK team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial management
- To ensure that internal control systems are in place and practiced at all levels
- To ensure that all financial transaction is taking place in line with organization and donor policies and systems.
- To ensure that all budgets are spent according to the annual approved budget and to take necessary action about under spending and over spending if any.
- To do periodic financial analysis which includes HR, Admin and program and report to management.
- Review, develop and refine the SOPs for all finance functions. E.g budget, salary transfer, advances, vouching etc.
- Periodic review of financial policies, systems
- Ensure that financial software is in working condition and generate all types of financial and management reports
- To ensure that annual external audit takes place as per the organization policy and to take necessary action to comply with external and internal audit findings and recommendations
- To prepare annual budget of the organization on the basis of project budgets and needs of the organization.
- To present the annual budget to management, finance and audit committee and BoD for approval.
- To analyze quarterly budgets from sections and consolidated the overall organization quarterly budget and approval from management.
- To prepare project budgets in line with the proposal and project plan developed by the organization.
- Accounting and reporting
- To supervise the finance officer/team in day to day book keeping and accounting.
- To provide guidance to finance team in following the standard accounting practices.
- To ensure that entries in the software is made on day to day basis.
- Periodic management report e.g. Budget Vs Actual is prepared and presented to the management.
- Ensure that financial transaction is only takes place after proper approval as per KK policies and SOPs.
- Finance team monthly, quarterly and annual plan is developed and reviewed.
- System generated periodic BVA is prepared presented and discussed with team.
- System based periodic financial statements (Bank reconciliations, trial balance, Profit and loss and balance sheet) are prepared and approved from management.
- To prepare timely project financial reports as per the project requirements and submission of approved reports to donors.
- To ensure that all the important files (hard and soft) are organized in a proper way for institutional memory.
- Management and supervision
- To supervise, provide guidance, feedback and facilitation to finance staff and program team in financial matters.
- To ensure that all policies and manuals are practiced.
- To practice participatory and transparent decision making with the team.
- To ensure team work in the section.
- To ensure effective interpersonal relations among the team and solve conflicts in time.
- To provide equal opportunities to male and female staff.
- To develop and keep a positive, friendly, gender sensitive and learning atmosphere within KK.
- To act as role model and to practice the values of KK.
Required Qualifications and work experience
- Master degree in finance (M.com/MBA) or ACCA or CA inter.
- At least 05 years relevant working experience in national and international NGOs
Required Skills, abilities and competencies for the position
Effective and hands on experience and skills of Quick book, financial management, Financial analysis and team management are required. Oral and written skills of communication in English is must.
Apply for the position
Interested candidates preferably female with the required qualification, experience and skills are encouraged to apply by 30th November 2020 with a cover letter and CV to “firstname.lastname@example.org” indicating “Apply for the position of Finance Coordinator in the subject line of email.