Terms of Reference
Consultancy to Facilitate a 3 days Strategic Planning workshop for members of Council of Communal Harmony, Pakistan
Assignment duration: Khwendo Kor with support of Norwegian Church Aid is implementing Project:“Resilient communities for inclusive societies” the focus of the projectis promoting rights of religious minorities by strengthening their inclusion in development process.Under this project from NCAKhwendo Kor has also facilitated minorities to form a network of minority groups called; Council for Communal Harmony(CCH). This Council is represented by members from different minorities and networks. CCH discusses issues of minorities and strategies for resolving these issues. Beside a General Body a steering committee is also constituted to cover oversight function forCCH. To extend sustainability to CCH Khwendo Kor intends to support their strategic planning purpose is that CCH stays focus on its mission and vision, have more coherence in its working,be more efficient and effective towards advocacy for rights of minority groups.
Khwendo Koris a non-profit organization committed to empowering women and other marginalized groupsin Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Newly Merged Districts.
KK is registered under Society Act 1861 in 1993. We have signed MOU with Economic Affairs Division, Govt.of Pakistan. KK has worked and has been working with OXFAM, USAID, UNICEF, Norwegian Church Aid and money other donors. KK has offices located in Peshawar and Bannu. For more details, please visit our website
Resilient communities for inclusive societies, Council for Communal Harmony
2. Strategic Planning Process.
CCH with the financial and technical assistance of Khwendo Kor plans to develop Strategic Plan for the next 3 years. This planned SPP process will review its existing vision, mission and programs of various network included in CCH.
KK will hire an external consultant for CCH who will lead in facilitating the entire strategic planning process including the workshop. The consultant will facilitateSPP participants to review existing programs using tools like SWOT analysis. Facilitate team in defining the future direction, values, strategiesand priorities of the organization. In addition to the workshop, the consultant will conduct a deskreview of the external context, familiarize him/herself with CCH network membersexisting programs and consultwith staff members and other stakeholders. The Consultant will also develop an analytical and actionable strategic planningreport that will include recommendations for improving quality of our programs and accountability to the end users.
3. Objectives of the Strategic Planning process:
- To develop the mission, vision, values, strategy and priorities for CCH by adopting participatory process that solicits ownership of stakeholders
- Consultant’s activities:
- Familiarization with KK and CCHand its existing programs. Detail review of organizationaldocuments and meetings with key staff.
- Facilitating team in identifyinguniqueness of CCH and importance of its strategic plan
- Lead workshop methodologies and materials in consultation with KK program staff
- Lead designing of innovative participatory methodologies group work, brainstorming, role plays etc.
- Maps activities emphasizing discussion and focusing on building upon the organization’s
- Process must be participatory and be designed in a way that provoke critical review and thinkingamongst the participants
- Facilitation of the Strategic Planning workshop
- Compilation of workshop report.
- Develop Business Management Plan together with KK staff
- Consultant’s Deliverables:
- Strategic PlanningProcess workplan including the consultative process and workshop
- Design Strategic Planning Workshop Session Plan.
- Integration of Women, people with disability, transgender in strategic plan.
- Facilitating Strategic Planning workshop using participatory/interactive approaches.
- Guidelines for Developing Business Plan to implement the Strategic Plan
- Final Strategic Plan Report.
- Business Management Plan
- Facilitate Formation of Strategic Planning Implementation Committee
- Participants of the Strategic Planning Process
- KK Staff at Head Office and Field
- Donors especially strategic partners
- Communities’ leaders especially minority groups (CCH)
- CCH can recommend nominations
- Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in conducting in designing and facilitating similar strategic planning processes withInternational and national NGOs.
- Deepunderstanding of minorities issues in Pakistan
- Knowledge and experience of using participatory approaches and innovative facilitation
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate shared positions
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Strong understanding of development and humanitarian needs and issues in the Pakistan.
KK and CCH Focal Person/s:
- KK’sProject Manager, Resilient communities for inclusive societies
- CCH to nominate on focal person
- Provide specific methodology that what method he/she will adopt for this strategic plan. The Consultant may be asked to make a PowerPoint presentation on the methodolgybefore selection
Please visit our website: www.khwendokor.org
Please apply on email;
email@example.com cover letter and CV by 19th sep 2021. Cover letter should include your daily professional fee.
Terms of Reference
Khwendo Kor (KK) is a non-proﬁt, non-partisan organization working in Pakistan since 1993. It was set up in response to an urgent need expressed by women for a forum to address their issues.
Khwendo Kor with the support of Donor organization is implementing projects to promote social cohesion and harmony among different social groups living in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
In this regard, Khwendo Kor has planned to broad cast a series of Radio programs and public service messages to have discussion and raise awareness on different selected issues.
Khwendo Kor invites bids/quotations from different Radio Channels in Peshawar for;
1. One hour discussion programme in Urdu language including of :
- Panel discussions.
- Speaker charges etc.
2. Public service message of 30 seconds duration.
National/provincial radio channels having widespread coverage in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are invited to submit per unit cost quotation (one-hour discussion show + 30 seconds long public service message in a sealed envelope at the following address:
Khwendo Kor Office at Apple Education Complex
Faysal Town, Opposite Police Colony, Nasir Bagh Road, Peshawar.